Embryolab Academy is pleased to announce a new and exciting Workshop on Quality Control and Risk Management in the IVF laboratory: from theory to practise. The Workshop will take place on the 21st and 22nd of March 2014 in Thessaloniki, Greece. Reproductive scientists, embryologists, quality managers in IVF, clinicians as well as ART Unit managers who desire to improve their knowledge and understanding of all the recent advances in Quality and Risk Management for ART laboratories are invited to join our Workshop.
Theoretical sessions will give an overview of recent advances in Quality and Risk Management for ART laboratories. In the ‘Hands-on’ sessions, different experts will focus on methodologies and techniques to standardise, measure, validate, and control different parameters like temperature, pH, air quality etc. In the ‘Brains-on’ sessions delegates are invited to present a specific problem/trouble/issue they have or are encountering in their laboratories. In an interactive way, the expert team and the participants will investigate the problem and design a route for solving and preventing this (and other) problems in the future.
Date and venue: 29th April – 2nd May 2014, University of Kent, Canterbury, UK
PGDIS 2014 will include the following themes:
- Biology of PGD: Next generation sequencing, fate mapping, single cell analysis, origins of human development
- Time-lapse: A useful tool for PGD?
- At the cutting edge of PGD: Latest technologies for biopsy, freezing and molecular diagnostics
- The science behind PGD-A: Aneuploidy, meiosis, mosaicism, DNA damage, culture conditions, sperm factors
- Omics corner: Can metabolomics and transcriptomics complement or replace PGD in practice
- Clinical experience of PGD: Dashboard of latest developments and results from around the globe
- The ethics and legalities of PGD: Why are we doing what we're doing and should there be limits?
- The 25th year of PGD: The start of a 1 year celebration that will culminate in Chicago for PGDIS 2015